Click Here: Application for CEU Approval
Read Instructions below for filling out a CEU Application
Criteria Guidelines for Submittal and Approval of Continuing Education Courses
Continuing Education Course Approvals shall be submitted to the Review Board for approval prior to the course being conducted and shall include:
• Completed continuing education application form for each date or set of dates that constitute one class.
• An agenda detailing the material to be presented in the course shall accompany the continuing education request
• A brief summary of qualifications for each instructor shall accompany the continuing education request
1. Continuing education classes shall be offered in not less than one-half hour increments with a one hour minimum.
2. Continuing education courses shall not be conducted in the licensee’s regular work place during normal business hours.
3. Continuing education course offerings shall be advertised and open to all license holders (posting of the course on the website calendar will be considered as advertising)
4. An evaluation form furnished by the Review Board shall be completed by each person attending the course and shall be returned to the Board.
5. The sponsoring group shall be responsible for verification of attendance and shall submit sign-in sheets to the committee.
6. Any deviation from a Board approved agenda or change in instructors shall be approved prior to the presentation.
7. Review Board shall be advised of any course cancellation
8. Approval of any course submitted is by a simple majority vote of the Review Board
9. Any course not meeting the above criteria will still be considered. Detailed explanation of why the course should be accepted must be submitted with the standard course application.
The intent of these criteria is to standardize and accept any legitimate training courses or classes around the state. It is the standardization and consistency that will assure all building officials in the State of a legitimate training product.
“To Establish a Standardization of Quality for Continuing Education Courses Statewide While Maintaining Ease of Accessibility Throughout the State”
Kansas Mechanical Trades Review Board
A letter from the Heart of America Chapter, International Code Council:
For the purpose of license renewal, the building departments of the following jurisdictions have agreed to accept any course listed on the KMTRB calendar (Please note that you should still check with your local jurisdiction to determine if continuing education courses are required to be trade specific):
Please check this list as cities and counties continue to sign on.
This is not to imply that these jurisdictions may not approve other training in addition to that listed on the KMTRB calendar. Please check with your local building department to obtain prior approval of training not on the KMTRB calendar or if your local department does not appear on this list.
* Denotes communites that do not necessarily approve all courses listed on the KMTRB calendar. KMTRB will make every attempt to identify those courses not approved by these jurisdictions.
**Johnson County licenses the contractor. Please check with appropriate Johnson County Officials to see which trade classes they may accept for their contractors license.