CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL APPLICATION
Please read all instructions Below Prior to Submitting Application
If you have any questions regarding Continuing Education Approval Requirements or need information please contact
Kansas Mechanical Review Board Chairman: Stoney
Nethercot Chief Mechanical Inspector
271 W 3rd St N Suite #301 Wichita, KS. 67202 p: 316.660.1829 Stoney.Nethercot@sedgwick.gov
Continuing Education Sponsor Application Process
- Application is at Bottom of this Page
- The Kansas Mechanical Review board will accept Proctored Live Training Remote Classes following all of the same criteria as an in person class.
- When filling out an application remember to mark whether the class will be Code or Non-Code General Education.** If class is code please reference the code
- Sponsors, it is your responsibility to share this information with your instructors, so they know what the process is prior to them teaching a class. All documents
need to be at the class location prior to start of the class.
- Documents must retain the Class numbers and information issued by Kansas PHCC.
- Forms Must be legible!
- Sign in sheets Must be filled out at the beginning of the class.
- Evaluation Forms Must be filled out at the end of the class.
- Certificate of Attendance Must be issued to attendees after their Evaluation Form is turned in to the instructor or sponsor.
- Completed sign in forms and Evaluation Forms Must be returned to Kansas PHCC by mail or electronically to remain on file.
- Sponsors filling out application please read below to see which municipalities accept KMTRB APPROVED Continuing Education.
- Read Instructions below before filling out a CEU Application
- Application is at Bottom of this Page
- Criteria Guidelines for Submittal and Approval of Continuing Education Courses
- Continuing Education Course Approvals shall be submitted to the Review Board for approval At Least 10 days prior to the course being conducted and
- Completed continuing education application form for each date or set of dates that constitute one class. If submitting for code approval the Code subject
matter needs to be on the agenda!! Make sure to mark the correct corresponding class whether CODE or GENERAL education.
- An agenda detailing the material to be presented in the course shall accompany the continuing education request. If code is being taught reference the
code. Without reference the class will be approved for General Education only.
- A brief summary of qualifications for each instructor shall accompany the continuing education request.
- . Continuing education classes shall be offered in not less than one-half hour increments with a one hour minimum.
- Continuing education courses shall not be conducted in the licensee’s regular work place during normal business hours.
- Continuing education course offerings shall be advertised and open to all license holders (posting of the course on the website calendar will be considered as
- An evaluation form furnished by the Review Board shall be completed by each person attending the course and shall be returned to the Board.
- The sponsoring group shall be responsible for verification of attendance and shall submit sign-in sheets to the Board.
- Any deviation from a Board approved agenda or change in instructors shall be approved prior to the presentation.
- Review Board shall be advised of any course cancellation
- Approval of any course submitted is by a simple majority vote of the Review Board
- Any course not meeting the above criteria will still be considered. Detailed explanation of why the course should be accepted must be submitted with the standard
- The intent of these criteria is to standardize and accept any legitimate training courses or classes around the state. It is the standardization and consistency that
will assure all building officials in the State of a legitimate training product.
“To Establish a Standardization of Quality for Continuing Education Courses Statewide While Maintaining Ease of Accessibility Throughout
A letter from the Heart of America Chapter, International Code Council: For the purpose of license renewal, the building
departments of the following jurisdictions have agreed to accept any course listed on the KMTRB calendar (Please note that you should still check with your local jurisdiction to determine if
continuing education courses are required to be trade specific):
- Arkansas City* Accepts KMTRB Classroom Training but does not recognize
- on-line training approved by KMTRB.
- Concordia accepts KMTRB approved in person Classroom Training but does not recognize
- on-line training approved by KMTRB.
- Dodge City
- El Dorado
- Garden City
- Park City
- Sedgwick County
- Welllington* Accepts KMTRB Classroom Training but does not recognize on line classes approved by KMTRB
- Wichita*Accepts KMTRB Classroom Training but does not recognize Electrical Classes approved by KMTRB
- Winfield* Accepts KMTRB Classroom Training but does not recognize on-line training approved by KMTRB.
- Johnson County**WILL NOT ACCEPT KMTRB APPROVED CLASSES
- Miami County**WILL NOT ACCEPT KMTRB APPROVED CLASSES as of 2019
- Please check this list as cities and counties continue to sign on.
- This is not to imply that these jurisdictions may not approve other training in addition to that listed on the KMTRB calendar. Please
check with your local building department to obtain prior approval of training not on the KMTRB calendar or if your local department does not appear on this list.
- * Denotes communites that do not necessarily approve all courses listed on the KMTRB calendar. KMTRB will make every attempt to identify
those courses not approved by these jurisdictions.
- **Johnson County licenses the contractor. Please check with appropriate Johnson County Officials to see which trade classes they may
accept for their contractors license.
Fee to Process CE Approval by the Kansas Mechanical Trades Review Board
There is a $40.00 Fee to Process this application & retain CE records. Fees must be paid prior to documentation being sent to you. Payment can be made by check or
credit card.( No American Express). An invoice will be sent to you with Class Identification. A minimum of 7 days to process Application is required. Questions call
If you have registered a CE Class to be Approved and have not heard from us please call us at 316-943-7100.
We are experiencing Technical Difficulties. Several have submitted classes since 3-25-21 but we are not getting notices like we normally do. I am working with IT.
Still working as of 4-1-21.
For those of you who are familiar with our website and things don't look like they ususally look, call me before you submit.
I may have you submit on a different form Below This One.
For the time being as soon as you submit a class call us at 943-7100 to see if the form is working correctly or not.
Sorry for the Hassle. Hope to get fixed shortly!
The Kansas Mechanical Trade Review Board (KMTRB) offers a centralized mechanism for the review and approval of continuing education that is recognized for the purpose
of trade license renewal for master and journeyman plumbers, electricians, and mechanics as required by Kansas State Statutes 12-1509 and 12-1542.
The board consists of the following representatives from each of the Kansas Mechanical Trade Review Board sponsors:
- Brennen East Local 29 Sheet Metal Workers, Wichita Local 29 and United Association Local 441
- Ray Frederick - PHCC Master Mechanical Contractor
- Rod Haney - Heart of America City of Winfield Building Official
- Stoney Nethercot - International Code Council, Inc. (ICC) City of Wichita Building Official
- Carl Richardson, City of Topeka Missouri Kansas (MOKAN) chapter of the
International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, Inc. (IAPMO)